Space NK UK

Monday 3 March 2014

MAC Monday: Cremesheen Glass in Deelight

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight


This week's MAC Monday is a bit of an enigma for me. It is the only MAC Cremesheen Glass that I own! So far at least...

I bought the Cremesheen Glass in Deelight on a whim after hearing Fleur de Force mention it in a video. Fleur had used it for bridesmaid's make up at a family wedding and suggested it as a pretty nude lip gloss. Now as much as love many, many lipsticks, I have just never got hooked on lip glosses.

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight wand
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight


I have admitted before that I am quite lazy or forgetful at reapplying lipstick throughout the day, so I tend to opt for longer lasting formulas. Lip glosses are certainly not that! But I have recently started a new job and aside from the benefits of getting back into the workplace after an extended maternity leave, I promised myself it would be a good opportunity to bust out my lipstick collection on a daily basis! True to my word I have been delving into my neglected lip products and this is one of them!

Last night I was taking a little snoop through the new MAC Fantasy of Flowers collection online and I saw a beautiful Cremesheen Glass (called Heavenly Hybrid since you ask). Then I remembered that I had Deelight in the depths of my stash and I had to give it another go.

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight swatch

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight lip swatch
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight lip swatch


Deelight looks like a dusky pink in the tube but on the lips is a 'my lips but better' shade. It feels very moisturising, is very glossy (obviously) and not too sticky either. The Cremesheen Glasses are a creamy gloss rather than just shine. It actually surprised me that it lasted better than I thought it would. Yes it has transferred onto my glass, but not hugely and I can still feel that my lips are nicely coated. No doubt this would require several re-applications throughout the day, but if you wore it over a lip stain or a matte lipstick then you get the benefit of lasting colour with the gloss and moisturising feel of the Cremesheen!

I've already said that I'm not usually a gloss fan and I do have some similar colour products to Deelight. You can see from the swatches below that they are similar, although Deelight has a slightly pinker tone.

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight, Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Chic & MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Touche
Top to bottom: MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Touche, MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight & Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Chic

If you have read my previous MAC Monday posts you will know that I raved about MAC Huggable Lipcolours (see my reviews of Fresh & Frisky HERE and Out for Passion HERE). Ok yes I admit that I recently bought another one! This time I went for the nude shade - Touche. Of the three MAC Huggable Lipcolours I own, this has the shortest wear time, but the formula is preferable to a traditional gloss. So it is a good alternative to Cremesheen Glass in Deelight.

I have also recently purchased one of the new Tanya Burr Lips and Nails lipglosses in the shade Chic. Again, not normally a gloss fan I bought it on a whim - but I like it (apart from the synthetic strawberry scent). So if you are looking for a budget dupe of MAC's Deelight then one of Tanya's glosses could do it (find them HERE). But if you like the colour of Deelight but not the texture of gloss then definitely give MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Touche a go (you can find it HERE)!

 MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight is £17.50 HERE.

Have you tried any of the MAC Cremesheen Glasses? What did you think? If you have photos of swatches then please leave me the links too!

Want to see what else I've got....? My previous #MAC Monday posts:

MAC Club Eyeshadow HERE
MAC Prep+Prime Skin HERE
MAC Fanfare Lipstick HERE 
MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Out For Passion HERE
MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow HERE
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Let's Skate HERE
MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow HERE
MAC Huggable Lip Colours in Fresh and Frisky HERE
MAC Brick-O-La Lipstick HERE
MAC Divine Night Fluidline in Deliciously Rich HERE

Fancy joining in #MAC Monday? Then send or tweet me your MAC links (#MACMonday) and I will link to them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment