Space NK UK

Monday 10 March 2014

MAC Monday: Fantasy of Flowers - Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose

Now despite my by now very well known MAC obsession, I don't mind admitting that I had never ventured into their blushers before. Until today!

The MAC Fantasy of Flowers limited edition collection launched online a couple of weeks ago. As usual by the time I'd become interested in any of the products it had sold out! This week the collection launched in store and as luck would have it Debenhams also had one of their 10% off beauty promotions on (see HERE) woohoo!

This time I had become a little fixated on the idea of choosing a MAC blusher. I don't own many blushers at all, in fact I have only recently started using it on a daily basis. I had seen some reviews online for the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose. It is a re-released item and was getting a lot of love online. Although some reviewers were complaining that this re-released version is more of a peach colour compared to their original more pink toned version. But I wanted a peach colour so this didn't bother me at all!

Stereo Rose has pink, peach, bronze and gold marbling throughout. I have seen other bloggers mention that the different amount on marbling in each pan means that the product can vary in colour from one pan to another. But certainly mine is a beautiful gold peach shimmery colour.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose

MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes are described as "A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day."

It would be easy to go overboard with this one - but a gentle sweep over the apples of my cheeks with my Real Techniques Blusher Brush was enough to give a flush of colour and shimmer. I certainly wouldn't use this anywhere on my face than my cheeks, although I know some of the other Mineralize Skinfinishes are used as a highlight or even as an all over face product.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose swatch
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose swatch

The swatch on my finger above looks quite flat and 2 dimensional. But in reality Stereo Rose has a really pretty shimmer rather than glitter. You can wear it quite subtly - despite how dark it looks in the pan.

The texture is very powdery in the pan - by that I mean that when you swirl your brush in the pan lots of product comes off. On the skin it doesn't go powdery or cakey though. Perhaps this is why you get a full 10g of Mineralize Skinfinish in the pan compared to 3.2g in the Fantasy of Flowers Mineralize Blush pan?

The Fantasy of Flowers collection is divided into two section; Green and Pink. Each has different shades of all the products. This confused me at first because the Debenhams website didn't show actual shade names until you added the products to your basket. I wasn't entirely sure that "Mineralize Skinfinish: Pink" was the Stereo Rose that I was looking for! But I can now reassure you that it is! Stereo Rose is from the Pink part of the collection and the corresponding Skinfinish in the Green part is called Perfect Topping.

I am quite excited by this product - perhaps because I just don't own anything else like it! I do have the much hyped NARS Blusher in Orgasm which is a similar colour - but I just struggle to get much colour payoff from it. So I think I would prefer to use Stereo Rose as it is so easy to get just a sweep of colour.

This weekend the weather in the UK has shown the first hint of Spring and this makes me ready to bust Stereo Rose out for the day! As the year goes on I bet it would look amazing with a tan too!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose is £22 for 10g. It has sold out on the MAC website but is still available HERE! Given the hype this product has had - it won't be around for long, if you want it go now!!

This is now my 12th MAC Monday post - so take a look at my previous #MAC Monday posts:

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight HERE
MAC Club Eyeshadow HERE
MAC Prep+Prime Skin HERE
MAC Fanfare Lipstick HERE 
MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Out For Passion HERE
MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow HERE
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Let's Skate HERE
MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow HERE
MAC Huggable Lip Colours in Fresh and Frisky HERE
MAC Brick-O-La Lipstick HERE
MAC Divine Night Fluidline in Deliciously Rich HERE

Fancy joining in #MAC Monday? Then send or tweet me your MAC links (#MACMonday) and I will link to them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment