Space NK UK

Monday 23 June 2014

MAC Monday: Sharon Osbourne Collection Part 2 - Patentpolish Lip Pencils

MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils in French Kiss and Ruby


If you read last week's post you will already know that I had a MAC splurge on the new Sharon Osbourne Collection. Last week I reviewed the Duchess Eye Shadow Quad (HERE). This week I wanted to show you the two MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils that I bought.

A few weeks ago I snapped up four Patentpolish Lip Pencils when MAC first released them (which I reviewed HERE). The name is quite misleading as they are actually chunky lip crayons that deliver sheer lip colour with a balm type feel. When I bought some of the original Patentpolishes I read that there would be some additional colours as part of the Sharon Osbourne Collection and I made sure I pounced on them as soon as they were released! These are the same formula as the original Patentpolishes but the packaging is red with Sharon Osbourne's signature in lilac.

MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils in French Kiss and Ruby


The two colours that I chose were French Kiss and Ruby. The Sharon Osbourne Collection also has Patentpink (a cool toned Barbie pink) and Innocent (a sheer almost clear nude) which were part of the original release. But I skipped past those as it was the new colours that I was excited about.

French Kiss is a really natural caramel colour. I love this colour and it is very much in my comfort zone of darker nudes and brown tones. It is a great everyday daytime shade which is similar to my actual lip colour, but it finishes off a look nicely. It applies quite sheer so I build it up with several layers. I have noticed that some of the Patentpolishes are more opaque than others, but they all feel like a gel balm on the lips and last for a couple of hours. You will need to reapply after eating and drinking as these aren't long wearing, they are just balm colour and don't contain a stain. They do all of course have that lovely trademark MAC vanilla scent.

MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils in French Kiss and Ruby swatches
MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolishes. Top-bottom: French Kiss and Ruby


Ruby is a deeper berry toned Patentpolish. As it is sheer I find it really wearable. A very opaque dark colour can look quite overpowering on me so a sheer version is perfect. I read one review which said they found application of Ruby to be a bit streaky - but I haven't found this at all! I think Ruby will be perfect for the autumn and winter - it is the typical berry tone that everyone seems to plump for. So this one will get stashed for a couple of months!

MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils in French Kiss and Ruby lip swatches
L-R: French Kiss and Ruby


I am really pleased with these additions to my ever growing lip crayon collection. If you like Clinique Chubby Sticks, the Revlon Lacquer Balms or the Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Sticks then you will like these! (If you are looking for more of a long-lasting opaque lip product then you probably want to skip past this release.)

When I checked there is still stock available of both French Kiss and Ruby, but these are limited edition so if you like them buy them fast!

MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils are £16 HERE and HERE.

I will review the rest of my MAC Osbournes haul soon and if you want to read more of my MAC Monday reviews then take a look HERE.

Excitingly this week I have discovered another MAC Monday blogger! So do pop by to see what Julie at Swatch and Review is reviewing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment