Space NK UK

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Put to the test: Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

 I was curious about this mystical pink pot as soon as I spotted it in Boots nestled at the bottom of the Bourjois display. A few visits later curiosity got the better of me and I took a closer look.



It is a nail polish remover which claims to remove your nail polish in just one second with minimum effort. Inside the pot is a sponge saturated with polish remover. You put you finger into the hole in the middle of the sponge and twist, and the combo of chemicals and friction should take the polish right off.

The sponge inside is saturated with remover

At £4.99 it is pretty pricey for a nail polish remover compared to my usual Sally Hansen remover at less than £2. So I was good and resisted for a while, but eventually caved in last week during one of the 3 for 2 offers in Boots.

I couldn't wait to put it to the test. As soon as I got it home I tested it on the polish I was wearing - and yes it was pretty impressive. Finger in, swipe each way and the polish was gone. But the real test is the dreaded glitter polish removal. Tedious previous efforts of scrubbing away at stubborn glitter with cotton wool make this the holy grail product - if it works...

In my recent Christmas Nails post I used a chunky glitter polish - now on day 5 it was starting to chip and look a bit shabby. So I thought I would set the Bourjois Magic Polish Remover to the test.

Top L-R: Before & after 1 swipe, Bottom L-R: After 2 swipes & 3 swipes


You can see from the rather grizzly looking pictures above that the Magic Nail Polish Remover did a pretty good job, apart from on the chunky glitter pieces. I treated each 'swipe' as a good wriggle around in each direction, but less challenging polish wouldn't need as much.

So in the end I had to cave in and go back to my old faithful Sally Hansen remover to get rid of the dregs. But I don't consider this a failure for the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover, it certainly did the bulk of the job. I do have a couple of doubts though - I don't know what happens to all of the gunk that comes off of your nails, and I wonder how long it will last before it dries out.

I will keep it for removing normal colour polish rather than texture or glitter. Plus it will be amazing for those quick fixes when you scuff a nail and need to remove and repaint, without risking soaking your other perfectly painted nails with remover - we've all done it.

Now if only they made one for toes so you can redo your toenails without taking your fingernail polish off in the process!

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover is available at Boots for £4.99 for 75ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment