Space NK UK

Sunday 4 May 2014

Rita Ora for Rimmel - Lose Your Lingerie nail polish review

Rita Ora for Rimmel Lose Your Lingerie nail polish
Rita Ora for Rimmel: Lose Your Lingerie nail polish
I bought this nail polish a couple of weeks ago. I had heard that Rita Ora had done a collaboration with Rimmel and I really liked the look of this pale baby pink nail polish called Lose your Lingerie.

I have always found Rimmel nail polishes to be great products - they apply well, last on the nails and of course are very purse friendly! So I had no qualms about giving this one a go.

I love this pale pink colour, especially for spring and summer time - it always looks amazing with a tan! Therefore I must admit that I do already have several polishes in this colour and I'm not sure why I keep getting drawn to more....

Rimmel's version is packaged well, the Rita Ora polishes also have the pop art stamp image on the lid. As predicted the polish applied well and dried quickly. Of course I help the drying process along with a coat of my beloved Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (see my full review HERE) which is the only way I stop my newly painted nails from scuffing in the first hour.

I did find that I needed a couple of coats - it is a hazard of these pale shades, they can look a bit streaky until they are fully opaque. The shade is beautiful a true strawberry milkshake colour, similar to Essie's Fiji. What I would say that it is very much in the vein of the current opaque pastel trend. If you are hoping for more of a translucent french manicure effect then this is not your guy (try something like diego dalla palma's nail polish in shade 25 - which I reviewed HERE). Wear time wasn't quite as long as darker shades, but I always find that with lighter colours as they tend to show up little cracks more after a couple of days.

Overall if you are after an opaque pastel for the spring then you will love this polish! Personally I prefer my pale pinks to be slightly more translucent on my finger nails, but I will definitely using this as a great summer toe polish.

Rita Ora's Rimmel nail polishes come in 12 different shades and are £3.69 with free delivery HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment