Space NK UK

Wednesday 7 May 2014

To the test - the This Works: Sleep duo

This Works: Sleep duo Breathe in & Deep Sleep Pillow Spray

My husband travels a lot for work. Last weekend whilst unpacking his suitcase he presented me with a little white box that he'd picked up in his hotel room. It was the This Works: Sleep duo. This time I'd struck lucky because I had been looking at the full sized version online just the day before!

This Works: Sleep duo Breathe in & Deep Sleep Pillow Spray

The small white box contains two small tubes with products to help you get a better night's sleep. The first is the This Works: Deep Calm Pillow Spray. The 5ml pump spray contains a fusion of calming oils such as Lavender, Vetivert and Camomile. You simply spray it onto your pillow as you go to bed and the theory is that you get a better night's sleep.

This Works: Sleep duo Breathe in & Deep Sleep Pillow Spray


The little box also contains a 5ml tube of This Works: Breathe in which contains a blend of Eucalyptus and Frankincense. The tube has a roller ball at the top so that you roll the liquid onto your pulse points and breathe the aroma so it clears your head and helps you to breathe more easily.

I can't say that I have been particularly into essential oils or aromatherapy and I guess I was skeptical about how effective these things can be. Having said that, when I gave birth to my daughter our local NHS hospital had an aromatherapy service where they mixed up little tubes of oils for me to use in the bath and to help bring on contractions when I reached my due date. I don't think this is widely available but I have to recognise that the NHS isn't likely to splash cash on things that offer no benefit at all!

Having two young children the idea of a good nights sleep really is the holy grail so anything is worth a go. Even if they don't wake me up, I sleep lightly knowing that they might do! Complicated further this week by a horrible head cold, this was definitely the time to give this little duo a go.

Testing this product for the past few nights is far from scientific, but I have to say I do think I have managed a deeper sleep! I never have a problem getting to sleep but I do start waking frequently and sleeping lightly from 5am. But this week I have slept heavily until the alarm (except when scuppered by the children!). It could've been helped by the doses of Night Nurse on a couple of nights, but even when I wasn't taking the medicine I slept better.

When I sprayed the Deep Calm Pillow Spray onto my pillow I really enjoyed falling asleep with the aroma. I think the biggest success had to be when my husband quietly nodded to his pillow asking me to spray it on there too. So there it is - whether you buy into it or not it is still a pleasant experience!

I have since discovered that This Works have a whole range of sleep products! There are shower gels, bath soaks, oils, candles and even Baby Sleep Pillow Spray!!! How have I not come across this before?!

The This Works: Sleep duo is a free gift collaboration between This Works and Crowne Plaza hotels. But you can buy the full size products too and once my little duo is all used up I certainly will do!

This Works: Deep Sleep Pillow Spray is £16 for 75ml HERE.

Have you tried any of the This Works Sleep products? I would love to read your reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment